- Is there a train service to Sintra?
- Do you have to pay for Parques de Sintra?
- How to get to the National Palace in Sintra by train?
- How much is the train ticket from Sintra to Lisbon?
- How to get to Sintra by bus?
- What is the difference between the Sintra and Oriente-Sintra trains?
- What time does the train leave from Lisbon to Sintra?
- How much does it cost to stay in Sintra?
- How much does it cost to visit Parques de Sintra?
- How to get to the National Palace of Sintra?
- What are the new norms for Parques de Sintra?
- Is the ticket office in the park of Pena closed?
- How to get from Sintra train station to Pena National Palace?
- How much does it cost to visit Sintra National Palace?
- How far is Sintra from the train station?
- What is the palace of Sintra in Portugal?
- How to travel from Lisbon to Sintra by train?
- How much does the train fare cost in Lisbon?
- How much does the Oriente-Sintra cost in Lisbon?
- How much does it cost to stay in Sintra?
Is there a train service to Sintra?
The train service to Sintra is operated by CP (“Comboios de Portugal”), which is the national train company. It’s a busy commuter line, so seats can’t be pre-booked and there are trains every 20 minutes, and more frequently at rush hours.
Do you have to pay for Parques de Sintra?
On the day of reopening after having been closed due to the State of Emergency in force, the parks and monuments under the management of Parques de Sintra have free admission. Dont miss this opportunity to visit Sintras heritage! Tickets are non-refundable, except in the event of a date or cancellation.
How to get to the National Palace in Sintra by train?
Once you arrive at the Sintra train station, it’s a fast and easy walk (about 10 minutes) to the center, where you see the National Palace. However, it’s recommended that as you exit, you turn to the front of the station (the side parallel to the train tracks), for the buses to the palaces, especially if you want to visit Pena Palace.
How much is the train ticket from Sintra to Lisbon?
It costs €0.50, so if your trip to Sintra is the first time you’re taking the train in Lisbon, the total cost will be €2.75, and for your return to Lisbon you just need to add a single trip ticket to the card (for €2.25). There are no return tickets, so to go and return you’ll have to buy two single tickets.
How to get to Sintra by bus?
The 434 Sintra bus route has been specifically designed for tourists visiting Sintra as a day-trip. The bus leaves from the Sintra train station climbs the hills to the National Palace, the Moors castle and the Pena Palace then returns to the train station.
What is the difference between the Sintra and Oriente-Sintra trains?
Both Sintra rail services are important commuter routes, so there are multiple hourly departures, and departures continue late into the night. The Oriente-Sintra route has a journey time of 47 minutes, while the Rossio-Sintra train takes 40 minutes, and both services have an equal number of departures.
What time does the train leave from Lisbon to Sintra?
The earliest departure is at 01:01 in the morning, and the last departure from Lisbon is at 23:31 which arrives into Sintra at 00:11. All services run direct with no transfers required, and take on average 40 min.
How much does it cost to stay in Sintra?
There are 1667+ hotels available in Sintra. Prices start at €87 per night. What companies run services between Lisbon and Sintra? Comboios De Portugal operates a train from Lisboa - Rossio to Sintra hourly.
How to get from Sintra train station to Pena National Palace?
The best way to get from Sintra Train Station to Pena National Palace without a car is to line 434 bus which takes 17 min and costs €2. How long does it take to get from Sintra Train Station to Pena National Palace?
How much does it cost to visit Sintra National Palace?
The Sintra National Palace is located about a 10-minute walk from the train station, down the scenic road known as Volta do Duche. Admission is €10 or adults and €8.50 for children up to the age of 17 (there’s a 10% discount with the Lisboa Card ).
How far is Sintra from the train station?
Sintra Train Station Sintra train station (GPS: 38.79870, -9.38646) is the final stop of both train services, but the historic centre of Sintra is located 1.5km to the west of the station.
What is the palace of Sintra in Portugal?
At the end of the Middle Ages, the Palace of Sintra was at the heart of a large territory under the care of the Queens of Portugal while also one of the preferred destinations for Portuguese monarchs.